Jeramy Dodds was born in Ajax (December 04, 1974) and spent his youth throughout the Durham Region, primarily in Whitby and Oshawa, before moving to Orono (Municipality of Clarington) in 1986. He has divided much of his adult life between living throughout Canada and Europe and living in the Orono area.
Dodds has worked as a consulting research archaeologist throughout southern Ontario, during which time a heavy emphasis was placed on excavating sites within the Durham region.
- Research Archaeologist
- B.A. Honours in English Literature/Anthropology (Trent University, 2003)
- M.A. in Medieval Icelandic Studies (University of Iceland, 2010)
- The 2008 Trillium Book Award for Poetry
- 2009 Shortlist, The Griffin Poetry Prize
- 2009 Shortlist, The Gerald Lampert Memorial Award
- The 2008 CBC Literary Award in Poetry
- The 2006 Bronwen Wallace Memorial Award for Poetry
- A 2004 Kent Farndale Bursary for the Arts
- Crabwise to the hounds (Coach House Books, 2008)
- Poetry reading